We are committed to providing a secure and fair marketplace for our buyers and sellers. To support this commitment, we have put in place rules and policies that govern our expectations to buyer and sellers, the actions we will take to keep you safe, and how we will protect you if something goes wrong.
By becoming familiar with and following our policies, you’ll help us maintain a safe environment for all, and be able to avoid interruptions that might come from inadvertent violations of our rules.
Some of our rules reflect local legal requirements, while others are based on our experience of how best to protect everyone using Ploranton services.
In our policy section, you’ll find information on items that can and can’t be sold, guides to creating and maintaining listings, details on how we protect your personal details and more. While you can sell almost any item on Ploranton.com, maintaining the safety of our community is a responsibility we take very seriously.
For this reason, and to comply with local legal restrictions, some categories of products are restricted, or completely banned from being listed.
Ploranton.com prohibited and restricted items
- Adult items
- Animals and wildlife products
- Selling art
- Artifacts, cultural heritage, and grave-related items
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Encouraging illegal activity
- Firearms, weapons and knives
- Gift cards
- Government, transit, and shipping-related items
- Government documents, IDs and licenses
- Hazardous, restricted, or regulated materials
- Human remains and body parts
- Lock picking devices
- Medical drugs, devices, and healthcare
- Personal relationships and services
- Event ticket
- Stamps, currency and coins
- Stolen property
- Used cosmetics
Rules and policies for buyers
To help make buying on Ploranton.com a safe and enjoyable experience, we’ve put in place a number of policies and guidelines.
Many of these are based on local legal requirements, but others are based on our experience of what will help ensure a fair marketplace for everyone.